Tapping, also known as Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT),is one of my favorite healing modalities. It is a combination of Acupressure and modern Psychology. I really love this combination, coz you see, I’m an acupuncturist, and I also hold a Masters in Spiritual Psychology…so it’s only natural that I love and recognize the amazing benefits of this technique!
It’s called Tapping because literally, you are going to be tapping on some acupuncture points on the face and upper chest as you say out loud the things that are bothering you…your upsets, your stresses, your negative thoughts and beliefs, phobias, fears and others.
This is the technique I used that allowed me to release my 14 year-long severe cat allergy and my fear of water.
At age 37, I finally learned how to swim, and I can play with cats again!!!
TAPPING, or EFT, is a revolutionary way of self-healing that allows you to safely:
BENEFITS OF TAPPING:
THE TAPPING POINTS:
8 EASY STEPS TO TAP:
1. Pick an issue. Fear, addiction, craving, pain, sadness, anger, etc….
2. Measure the Intensity of your feelings. 10/10 -- worst feeling; 0/10 – no problem at all
3. Tap KC (karate chop) point as you state your “Even Though Statements” out loud 3x. “Even though I (feel all this sadness) , and part of me can’t let it go, I deeply and completely love and accept myself anyway”
4. Tap on the Face and Torso points as you focus on your "Negative Upsets Statements". “This sadness…”; “All this sadness…”; “Everything that I lost…” (starting tapping at eyebrow point, ending at top of the head...tap one point per sentence)
5. Breathe and re-measure the intensity of how you feel. Did the intensity go up or down? If still above 5/10, repeat negative round.
6. Round 2: Tapping on KC point (transitioning negative emotions to positive). “Even though I STILL (feel sad and depressed) , I deeply and completely love and accept myself anyway” (say 3x)
7. Round 2: Tapping Face and Torso Points focusing on Positive Empowering Choices. “I’m open to healing…”; “I choose to feel safe…”, “Letting go…”; “I honor all my feelings and who I am…”
8. Breathe and measure intensity. Keep tapping until emotion is down to 2/10 or zero.
SAMPLE TAPPING SCRIPT:
SHIFTING FEELINGS OF UNHEALTHY SLUGGISH TO VITALITY:
TAPPING ON KARATE CHOP POINT:
TAPPING ON FACE AND TORSO POINTS:
ISSUES & TOPICS YOU CAN TAP ON: